Vail

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chris / Vail

Discord: Vail#7534
Email: [email protected]

I'm also FREE

Application for a Community manager or general manager
I’m a 26-year-old Server owner been running my own servers since hmod and in the last past years, I been pretty inactive in the Minecraft scene, kinda been part of small projects that really never took off so not really gonna list them below I have listed my own servers and the ones that really most make sense to list and I'm also an amateur video editor. I currently live in Denmark, In my spare time, I go out and get a beer or two, and overall have fun with friends. When that is not happening I game like crazy. I’m also pretty passionate about gaming technology and technology in general.
SKILLS
Graphic Design

Logo Design
Video Editing
System Administration
Most UNIX / Linux Distributions
Window server
CentOS
Website Administration
Clean and Professional Grammar
Friendly
Coordinate Events
Clean threads
Moderation
Level Headed
Fair Punishments
Support
Very mature
Good Problem Solving Skills
Strong Troubleshooting Skills
Website/forums Development & Server Development
Skills with HTML, CSS,MySQL (Beginner skills)
Skills with, WordPress, Wix, Enjin, xenForo, IP.Board.

RealmNetwork.net
2014-2015
Worked as the owner for 1 year it got shut down due to many bugs inside the server (modpack, Hexxit), “Realm Network”.
Accomplishments:
I made the infrastructure and business plan and gained over $110 per month.
Setup all Donation Ranks including the Donation Store.
Custom plugins
Fixed a ton of bugs inside (hexxit)

Citadelsonline.net
2016-2017
Worked as the Gamemaster / Administrator for 1 year it got shut down due to player loss, it was a project that I invested a lot of time into but sadly it never got there where I thought. “Citadel Online”.
Accomplishments:
My skills in video editing got fine-tuned.
Setup all forum names & redo all forums
Fine-tuned my overall moderator skills more.
Reliefnetwork
2020-2021
Work there as a manager and did config on a lot of plugins but mostly it was just making the ready for release but again at so many servers it got released and the playerbase dipped to 0 after a few months and got shutdown

Accomplishments:
Made npcs around the spawn and made it more alive.
Config shops and anti-cheat to combat false flags and just made so it would accept the game we had.

EXPERIENCE (Minecraft hosts)

Nolag
2017-2017 | Support agent & recruitment officer
(6-7 Months)

I have always wanted to work at a hosting company but never really got my time to find one and work for it, one day I had a paid job to do and I needed a host ofc cheap. I looked at mcm for hosts and there it was ‘Nolag’ cheap as hell and overall looking good for a new host, I got a server and everything worked out great and after a good 2-3 weeks they announced that they were looking for staff, and there was my chance to try out the whole support agent I have always wanted to do, after a few weeks at the job as a community helper I got kicked up to Tier 1 support where I did around 200-300 chats a day (had a break from work). After 1-2 months, I got Tier 2 support and still did a good amount of chats a day my daily chat amount was around 100-200 at the point (we got more agents). After 2 months I got to tier 3 support and at that point, I had more to do than just chats, I had to help out new support agents. I was not at tier 3 for long as I got to put up to supervisor there got the job of looking over staff (from tier 3 and down). I took over job also as a sponsorship manager and handled all emails and deals for Nolag, the last few months up to the death of Nolag the company I got the highest rank of Recruitment officer (handle new staff / hire new staff)... I was there for a few weeks till Nolag died, it was fun being there at times, there were a few problems with the owners but overall I learned a lot from this experience.
Accomplishments
Learned the job of company support and what it means
Learned how you should talk when talking with customers
Handle very stressed situations
Handle many clients At once

EXPERIENCE (IRL)
Mærsk
2013-2013 | Support (internship)
(6-7 Months)
My dad had worked there for few years, He knew someone, and I was able to be hired as “Support intern” it was hella fun, I learned so much during my time there, I was hired in the local airport since it deals with offshore helicopters that Mærsk runs. The support jobs were both pcs, networking, and answer calls. In a few rare cares, offshore people needed help too I also did some of does but it was rare since it was not my area

Accomplishments:
Learned the job of Support and what it means
Learned how you should talk when talking with customers
Esbjerg Airport
2013-2017
(4 years)
A job for ticket manager was open (close to what I have a degree in), I had already worked at the place (above^), so I knew the chef and pretty much everyone at the airport, so it was not hard to get the job as I guess they wanted someone who kinda knew how things were, and I would be easy for me to feel fit since I did not need to get a feel of everything. It was for sure the most fun 4 years I had in my life, something I will not forget easily.
Accomplishments
A lot of face to face customer service.
Expanded my Support skills
Handle many people in one time
Handle new staff (was fun)
Handle travel papers (boarding passes)

Areas Of Expertise:
I things added here might not be something you are looking for but I thought I would add it anyway
[IMG]

Administration
Handling Forums
Recruiting Staff Members
Server Manager
Customer Service
Technical support
Sponsorship manager
Customer satisfaction
SQL
Minecraft
World of warcraft
Community
Build rapports
Work in teams

PERSONAL SKILLS
Implement best practices
Analyze problems
Friendly personality
Open-minded
Creativity
Attention to detail (Level: OCD)
Good Skills Communication
Focused
Calm under pressure
Enthusiasm
Strong communication and client interaction skills

Strongest Points:

My strongest point is ‘moderation’ because I can help others and help with problems that give me a challenge. I do understand that taking on the role of a staff member position is very stressful, but I can handle the stress and do the job right. I am a very organized person so that I can plan events for business. I can organize regular staff chats and meetings so that the staff team is communicating with each other on a regular basis. I expect my team to be like a family to each other and help one another if needed. I do understand there are times where everyone is busy and can’t help each other. But just the idea of helping others gets my ambition bar to max out

Weakest Points:

My for sure weakest point is ‘Laziness’ like don’t get me wrong it’s not that I don’t wanna work, but I always get the idea that I wanna do that or that would be cool to work on, but in the end, I never get around to do it or just do find something else to do. My laziness will never hit my work EVER (unless you get a boring task
[IMG]
) I’m always very active when I work and very committed to it!.

Owner Key points:
Good working knowledge of Minecraft
Good understanding skills.
Quick thinking
Ability to work for long hours
Quick learning
Very mature
able to handle many things at once
Can quickly diagnosing server problems
Almost bulletproof to stress

Owner - Experiences:

I have been working/hosting server since 2009 so I guess I can say I been in this business for a very long time, I been a Lead System Engineer (A mix of working in centos & for molten Minecraft I was working there for about 4 years, after that the players started to drop off so I resigned. Realm Network, I was the owner of RN for about 1 year when I was working on the modpack Hexxit, during the 1 year many little bugs around and inside the modpack and by that, I had about 50 -100 players a day it was the by far the best time I had running a server. of myself as one that has many little experiences in things, and I also have big know-how in servers and the Minecraft community, I try to follow the information about anything Minecraft and stay up to date. I also know how on servers since I have been in the business for a very long time, I have gained many things and know a great deal. I’m very mature so at times I just wanna get stuff done then the fun can come later, I can be very strict when I'm at work or working, I feel like I have saved a life when I know that I have helped someone and that they will like what I have done, it’s the small things that matter for me. It’s time for me to try something new and I hope that NoLag will consider this application even tho I don’t have years of experiences in the fields of supporter, I still have big knowledge, of servers, and the most common problems people do, and ofc some of the complex ones. but as everything goes, there are also some things I don’t know. But then again, it’s also fun to learn new stuff and I hope to learn many new things here.

Support IRL Experiences:

I have worked at mærsk as a Supporter at the local airport (Esbjerg Airport) For 6-7 months but left when a spot opened at an airport as a ticket manager (best name for that role) I handled all gods and ticket problems, I also did a hell of a lot of reports, and keeping our “Hour plan” (it keeps a record on when some leaves and checks in at work)... That was for sure the job where I gained the most “face to face” experience and how to talk with others and trying to fix their problem. Sadly I have left the job due to our offshore business is going down (Denmark), already looking for a new job. But in the meantime, I think my support skills would match Nolan good... I been part of some startups but they never got anywhere (note it was back in 2010, Sadly can’t remember the name of the two I was part of but it was World of warcraft private servers, I hope to learn even more here as it will help me both learn more and help me IRL with even more skills for Support, I plan to take a full-time job as support agent at offshore business again, not mærsk tho, but some other. I plan to take a few more complex Supporter courses, it will hopefully give me a bigger knowledge of the whole Supporter job, and I hope that Nolag will give me the chance to develop my skills to an even higher level.

If you have nothing good to say then don't say it just leave my thread
:)

Last edited: